Wednesday 3 March 2010

Quickload......................................... RIP



You know some film products will be really missed, Fuji's Quickload will be one of them. Kodak first brought out 5X4 film in a packet, though it was a single sheet and it to used a Polaroid 545 film back, but it was Fuji that really moved the idea on with two sheets of film just like a proper dark-slide. I've used tones of the stuff, Velvia, Provia, Astia even 64T, it was just so convenient compared with loading and off loading dark-slides, great for working on location so much easier than humping a case full of dark-slides around. It's inevitable that Quickload would get axed, I've not used my 5X4 with film for 8 years now, I sold my 545 back on e-bay over two years ago, I like many others have turned their backs on large format film and it's a great product like Quickload that has been scrapped because of it. I feel a little bit ashamed, RIP Quickload, you were great in your day, but that's long gone.

2 comments:

Andy Paterson said...

I was in Bob Rigby's a couple of weeks ago and they still had a fridge filled with with some stuff called 'film'. Apparently it's still popular with students!

Alistair Kerr Photography said...

and photographers, I've got a load of 120 Neopan 400 and some PRO400H 35mm neg film, it's just such a ball ache to get it processed, plus you get it put on disc to, but it does look different from digital images. I keep meaning to get out and shoot some more film, but I've had both kids off with chicken pox over the last few weeks and now I'm full of cold and really busy with work, it never rains, no it usually snows!