Monday 20 September 2010

Fuji FinePix X100.............................. Nice



Talk about retro styling, if this new model from Fuji works as good as it looks then I think they're on to a winner. 12megapixel APS-C chip a 23mm lens (equivalent to 35mm lens on a full frame chip) and it shoots 720p HD video. With a few manufacturers now sticking bigger DSLR chips into there top end compacts can a full frame 35mm chip compact be that far off, who's going to be brave enough to bring that out. It's got to happen at some point.

Extra: So Photokina has finally got underway and the X100 is causing quite a stir, I'm not surprised with those looks and the speck of this little compact I think Fuji are onto a winner. It's going to be down to price point as to what sort of volume they shift these little beauties in, I know I'd like to be snapping my incidental location shots, video clips and family shots with this cute camera. Mr Fuji how much?

2 comments:

Photo Framing Online said...

I wish it had interchangeable lenses. The design is beautiful with the simple controls. They are getting closer to the camera that I want.

Alistair Kerr Photography said...

Fuji have a long list of fixed focal length lens film cameras, guess this is just a continuation of tradition, the Japanese like tradition.
It's always not quiet close enough though, expect I'll still be waiting for a full 35mm chipped compact for quite some time.