Thursday 15 September 2011

Finally changed the hard drives...

... over on the MacPro, I had to delay the change over because I had a lot of work come in, so can't complain about that. It's really easy to replace a hard drive, the time consuming bit is loading up all the software. I can recommend doing a swap during the day, starting it late evening turned the whole process into a very late night/early morning chore.



I have to say the Samsung hard drives are whisper quiet, I'm really glad I opted for them, it also makes me wonder if the old drive was on the start of it's way to failure, it was a little clicky...

The MacPro today has been starting faster and whipping through the work, so I'm really pleased I made the decision to rip out the old drive. Now back to work, I've got 26 cut-outs to do and they wont do themselves.


No comments: